Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy National "Peanut Butter & Jelly" Day--Celebrate with a Smoothie!

When we moved into our new home, my mom gave us a smoothie maker as a house-warming gift. I was intrigued by this new appliance. I've tried out a bunch of recipes. This Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie is one of my family's favorites. It makes a delicious nutritious breakfast or an afternoon snack. I've even shared it with Scott Jurek, ultra-marathoner/smoothie fan. This must have been his secret to setting the new record. 😉

Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie

1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
1 cup Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt
1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup of crushed ice



Add peanut butter, banana, mixed berries, almond milk, vanilla yogurt, and crushed ice in a processor.


Pour the smoothie mixture in a fancy glass and, if desired, add a banana for garnish.


Enjoy!
Happy National "Peanut Butter & Jelly" Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment